Sunday, June 6, 2021

Winter 2021

 Hi folks~

Month end just ended, so I'm taking it easy, clearing work email queries one by one. And thought I'll share some updates.

I'm doing well in my new job, and for that I'm thankful for God's grace and favour. I do hope he graces and favours Fen more too, seeing he's been trying to look for a better paying role for 3 years now...

Found out I was pregnant in late March, and then miscarried 2 weeks ago. A missed miscarriage, growth stopped at 6 weeks, but I only finally bled at 13 weeks. The wait was annoying, because I wanted to get over it and move on as soon as we found out there was no heartbeat and growth at week 8.

Had another ultrasound and blood test this morning to make sure the womb is all cleaned out and ready for baby making again =) I feel my energy coming back after the miscarriage, and getting back to workouts slowly. Currently sore from the weekend's simple short workout at home =/

My ex boss that I respected and enjoyed working with in 2019/2020 contacted me last month, wanted me to work for him in his current company. I went for 2 interviews and nailed them, and was offered the job. Slightly better pay, commercial and practical learning opportunities, foreseeable stress and heavy workload. I accepted the offer, and turned it down after reading the contract. It didnt offer employer-funded paid parental leave (what a mouthful).

Yes, you read that right. Paid parental leave is not a given, you people from Singapore, or Canada, or wherever country that your government mandates such welfare and benefits.

So obviously, it was shocking to me. Me, who never gave a hoot about parental leave, maternity leave, childcare leave, etc. You get it. Because I never thought I'll have children. Until we started thinking we want to have one. And now those benefits are like sacredly prioritised and valued and must haves.

I felt bad for so many reasons. Being an asshole if I left my current job in less than 3 months, my ex boss who went all out to have me hired for the job. At the end of the day, we have to think of ourselves... because no one will. And being a working mum that is being valued and supported by my company somehow is a very important element for my job.

I also felt that my current company wants to support me. So I guess there isnt a push factor to leave, nor a pull factor to entice me to join my ex-boss. Was so stressed out making up my mind to stay or leave that eventful week. Pfft.

We changed church campus. From Hillsong West to Hillsong Greater West. Felt that was where we were needed, in terms of volunteering. And we made friends! Specifically a Korean couple, and it's been pretty amazing to find out commonalities and similar mindsets. It's been great so far, and praying for God to bless this friendship to last.

Victoria is back in another lockdown, 2nd week now. Doesnt bother me and Fen much, we enjoy our routine and working from home.

Sending love to you who's reading =)

No comments:

Post a Comment